All Water Users
The City of Wichita Falls enforces the following year-round watering restrictions:
- No watering with sprinklers from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- No operation of irrigation (watering) systems that have broken components or leaks.
- Spray irrigation cannot run down the curb for more than 50 feet.
- Bubbler, drip, or soaker irrigation cannot run down the curb for more than five (5) feet.
- If washing vehicles at home, the hose must have a positive shutoff nozzle.
- Hand watering can be done at any time.
Business and Water Restrictions
The following requirements apply to businesses year-round:
- Commercial car washes must use nozzles that discharge <3.0 gpm
- Restaurants cannot serve water unless asked for by the customer.
- Restaurants cannot use pre-rinse nozzles that discharge more than 1.6 gpm.
- Restaurants must have a positive shutoff on the pre-rinse nozzles.
- Ice machines cannot be single-pass or water-cooled.
- Hotels/Motels/Short term lodging must offer customers a linen reuse option that is displayed in all rooms.
Water Wells and Rain Water Harvesting
Water Wells and Rain Water Harvesting Systems, with a combined container capacity exceeding 3,000 gallons, must be registered with the City of Wichita Falls Public Works Department.
Water Well and Auxiliary Water Source Registration Form
Call 940-761-7477 for details.