Can this be done after I leave the hospital?
Yes. Contact the local Vital Statistics office and we can have you sign an "Acknowledgement of Paternity" form and the necessary papers to amend the birth certificate. This will add the father's name and change the Surname on the certificate, if necessary. Name and change of Surname on the certificate, if necessary, will incur a fee of $25.00 for this process.

Show All Answers

1. How do you get a birth certificate if you were born in Wichita Falls?
2. I was born in Texas, but not in Wichita Falls. Can I get my birth certificate here?
3. Are birth records open to public inspection?
4. What is a certified copy of a Birth or Death Certificate?
5. Is a hospital record a certified copy of the Birth Certificate?
6. If a mistake (such as spelling of a name) occurs on the original birth certificate, can this be corrected and is there a charge for this correction?
7. How do I get my child's father's name on the birth certificate at the time of my child's birth if I am not married.
8. Can this be done after I leave the hospital?
9. How do I file a home birth?