|The Risk Management Office is responsible for promoting safety to protect and serve the City’s employees, citizens, and all those who visit Wichita Falls. The primary function is to be a support service for the coordination and administration of various claims under the City’s self insured insurance program. This program includes Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Fleet and Property damage
Services also include:
•Assistance with accident investigations
•In-service safety training programs
•Administering safety programs and policies
•Developing and revising safety programs
•Managing the City’s Substance Abuse Testing Program
•Promoting a Drug Free Worksite
•Management of the City’s Request for Proposals for the City’s insurance program.
Filing a Claim for Damages
Risk provides guidance and instructions to citizens regarding private property damage and personal injury when the City is involved. In order to file a claim for damages against the City of
1. How the injury or loss occurred. State specifically and in detail when, where, and how the injury or loss occurred
2. State the dollar amount of damages, represented by either two estimates of damage or receipt for repairs.
3. State the dollar amount for which you will settle, your residential address and telephone number along with the date of claim submission.
4. List your residence(s) for the last six months prior to injury/loss.
5. Include the names and addresses of any witnesses to the incident.
The claim should be presented in person or mailed to the City Clerk, Municipal Auditorium, Room 104, P.O. Box 1431, Wichita Falls, TX 76307 within forty-five (45) days from the date the injury or loss occurred.