On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF)
General Requirements to start OSSF process
- The type of soil and site condition must be documented by a Licensed Site Evaluator or Professional Engineer.
- Upon analysis of Site Evaluator, new system is selected based upon type of soil at the location.
- Permit and Application fees are paid at the Wichita Falls-Wichita County Health District.
- All paperwork for the system must be submitted and approved by the governing body of the Health District.
- Once authorization to construct is issued, system must be installed according to Title 30 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 285, On-Site Sewage Facilities. You may download a copy
ii. Title 30 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 30
- After system is complete, a governing entity must go out and inspect the system to make sure it was installed correctly.
- If and only if the system was installed according to Chapter 285, will the OSSF permit be issued.
On-Site Septic System - Fees for this permit vary from county to county and from system to system. To obtain fee information for your specific system and location, you will need to contact the Environmental Health Division. To determine your fee for this service, please contact us at (940) 761-7820.
OSSF Downloadable Forms
You may download a copy of the application for a NEW On-Site Sewage Facility here. You will need to bring three (3) copies of this form with you when visiting the Health District.
You may download a copy of the application for an Existing On-Site Sewage Facility here. You will need to bring three (3) copies of this form with you when visiting the Health District.
These forms are provided to assist you and save time during your application process. Please fill out all information, bring three copies of each to the Health District Environmental Health Division with your permit fees. If you have any questions, please contact us at (940) 761-7820.