- Conduct all purchasing in accordance with the applicable laws of the State of Texas, City of Wichita Falls Charter and Code of Ordinance, and the Federal Government.
- Obtain the quantity and quality of materials/services at competitive prices, as needed, for all City departments.
- Stimulate competitive bidding in order to obtain materials/services at the lowest possible cost.
- Provide all interested vendors with the opportunity to offer their products/services to the City.
- Treat all vendors in a fair and equitable manner.
Notice to Vendors
Conflict of Interest
Chapter 176 of the Local Government Code requires the City Manager and the Council Members to file a Conflicts Disclosure Statement regarding their relationships with City vendors (including bidders and potential vendors).
The law also requires that any vendor who contracts, or seeks to contract, with the City for the sale of purchase of property, goods or services (including a bidder on City contracts) file a Conflict of Interest Questionnaire regarding the vendor's business relationships, if any, with Council Members or the City Manager.
ShippingEffective June 27, 2008, DHL will no longer deliver to the Wichita Falls area. Any bids or documents sent via DHL will be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service on the next day's route.
Projects funded partially or in total by Federal Funds will have certain Federal Clauses included in the Contract Terms and Conditions. In most cases these clauses apply to subcontractors also. Failure to comply with these Federal Clauses will result in a breach of contract.