STATUS UPDATE: Wichita County has 14,875 confirmed cases.
Health District Hotline: 940-761-7909
Hotline Hours: Monday - Friday, 8AM to 5PM
For health-related questions call the Health District Hotline or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
To read the new Clearance Procedures for COVID-19 click here: Clearance Procedures as of February 24, 2021
As of March 29, 2021
The Texas Department of State Health Services has opened vaccinations for all adults. This category has been added to the vaccine waitlist registration. Those who qualify are encouraged to sign up.
COVID-19 Vaccine Waitlist Registration: CLICK HERE
The vaccine is available at no charge, regardless of insurance status, to those who meet the State of Texas criteria. It is important to note, once a vial has been punctured it has to be used within six hours. Please monitor your phone closely and answer all calls if you are on the waitlist. If you do not answer, the Health District will have to go to the next person on the list. They will circle back through the list if and when there is vaccine availability.
If you have previously tested positive for COVID-19, you are eligible for the vaccine, so long as you are no longer infectious and have cleared quarantine. If you have been directly exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days, you will not be eligible for the vaccine at this time.
What To Do If You Want A COVID-19 Vaccine
- Monitor the City of Wichita Falls website and social media pages. Information will continue to be updated with each new vaccine allocation the Health District receives from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Sign up on the Health District's COVID-19 vaccine waitlist registration form.
- Speak with your physician or medical provider to see if they are administering the vaccine.
- Check with the local Walmarts and CVS Pharmacies, as they are included in the Federal Retail pharmacy list. CDC Retail Program Locations
- Regularly check the DSHS website to see what other locations in Wichita Falls have received vaccines. Some of these locations have started waiting lists.
To read a full FAQ regarding the vaccine, visit: https://txwichitafalls3.civicplus.com/2186/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information.
The Department of State Health Services has created a new dashboard that shows the number of people vaccinated and doses distributed. A spreadsheet has also been created that shows COVID-19 vaccine distribution data by County.
|Data Last Updated 4/12/2021 at 3:18PM
*Total Tested, Negative and Pending includes State testing numbers from nursing home/long term care facilities*
|Total Number of People Tested||95,243|
|Number of Negative Tests||80,341|
|Number of Pending Tests||27|
|Total Wichita County Confirmed Positive||14,875|
|0 - 5||0|
|6 - 10||0|
|11 - 19||0|
|20 - 29||1|
|30 - 39||4|
|40 - 49||6|
|50 - 59||11|
|60 - 69||75|
|70 - 79||93|
|People vaccinated with at least one dose||32,146 people|
|People fully vaccinated||24,911 people|