Municipal Election Day - November 3, 2020
The positions of Mayor and City Councilors District 3, District 4 and District 5 will be on the ballot for the November 3, 2020, General Election. Click here to view the Notice of Deadline to File Applications for a Place on the Ballot. Click on the link below to download the Candidate Packet which includes the Application for Place on the Ballot.
Current Applicants are:
Mayor - Stephen L. Santellana, Kevin Hunter, and James Huling
Councilor District 3 - Mel E. Martinez, and Jeff Browning
Councilor District 4 - Jason Hester, and Tim Brewer
Councilor District 5 - Thomas "Tom" Taylor, and Steve Jackson
Click Here to view the Notice of Drawing for Place on the Ballot. Drawing will take place Monday, August 17th at 5:15 p.m. in the City Clerk's Office, 1300 7th Street, Room 104.
Due to the number of candidates and social distancing requirements, Drawing for Place on the Ballot has been moved to the City Council Chambers.
Requirements for filing for candidacy:
Candidates must comply with requirements of the City of Wichita Falls City Charter Section 11 and meet all other eligibility requirements set forth in the Texas Election Code.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived in Wichita Falls and the district (if filing for councilor) for 12 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot.
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially or mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
Those wishing to become candidates must file an application for a place on the ballot along with a filing fee of $100 or a petition signed by at least 50 qualified voters in the city (or district if filing for a councilor position). Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office or can be downloaded above. Filing for a place on the ballot begins on July 18, 2020, and runs through 5 p.m. on August 17, 2020. Applications are to be filed with the City Clerk.
For more information about the filing requirements, see Sections 10, 11, and 12 of the City Charter, Sections 2-28 and 2-29 of the Code of Ordinances, and the Texas Election Code Chapter 277.
If you have questions please contact:
Marie Balthrop, City Clerk
1300 7th Street, Room 104
Wichita Falls, TX 76301