Municipal Election Day - November 3, 2020
The positions of Mayor and City Councilors District 3, District 4 and District 5 will be on the ballot for the November 3, 2020, General Election. Click here to view the Notice of Deadline to File Applications for a Place on the Ballot. Click on the link below to download the Candidate Packet which includes the Application for Place on the Ballot.
Requirements for filing for candidacy:
Candidates must comply with requirements of the City of Wichita Falls City Charter Section 11 and meet all other eligibility requirements set forth in the Texas Election Code.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived in Wichita Falls and the district (if filing for councilor) for 12 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot.
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially or mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
Those wishing to become candidates must file an application for a place on the ballot along with a filing fee of $100 or a petition signed by at least 50 qualified voters in the city (or district if filing for a councilor position). Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office or can be downloaded above. Filing for a place on the ballot begins on July 18, 2020 and runs through 5 p.m. on August 17, 2020. Applications are to be filed with the City Clerk.
For more information about the filing requirements, see Sections 10, 11, and 12 of the City Charter, Sections 2-28 and 2-29 of the Code of Ordinances, and the Texas Election Code Chapter 277.
If you have questions please contact:
Marie Balthrop, City Clerk
1300 7th Street, Room 104
Wichita Falls, TX 76301