Amending Based on Court Order

How to Amend a Birth Certificate Based on a Court Order

If you have received a court order to change the name on a birth certificate. You must complete the application to amend a birth certificate based on a court order. There is a filing fee if $15, for an additional $22 a corrected birth certificate can be mailed to you. You must send in a certified copy of the court order (will not accept a photocopy) along with the form. Vital Statistic Unit will keep the court order, so make sure you have a spare for yourself. If any questions please call our office at 940-761-7802.
Please visit the Texas State Health Department's website for current form VS-2318.1A.