Open Records Request

The State of Texas Public Information Act allows citizens to request a wide variety of records, reports and information from City Government. Common requests include reports from Police and Fire Departments, Code Enforcement, Building Inspections, Property Management, Animal Control, Health Department and others.

Information can be obtained from the City of Wichita Falls three ways:

1. Email the City Clerk's office: (Email is the fastest, easiest way to submit a request.)
2. Mail: City Clerk, P.O. Box 1431, Wichita Falls, Texas 76307
3. In person: City Clerk's office, Room 104, Memorial Auditorium, 1300 7th Street, Wichita Falls Texas.

In your request please provide as much information as you can to assist with the records search: case number, location, date of the incident, birth dates, names of those involved...etc


When an Open Records Request (ORR) is submitted it is logged by the City Clerk and then turned over to the City's Legal Department where the information will be researched and records gathered. Under Texas State law, Section 552 of the Texas Government code, the Legal Department has ten business days to respond to your request.

Keep in mind that not all information can be released and in some cases may not exist. When there is a question as to whether certain information can be released the City will seek an opinion from the State Attorney General's Office. For more information please contact the City Clerk's Office at 940-761-7409. Frequently Asked Questions