For Information on “Can the Grease Program” please contact Wastewater Collection Rehabilitation at (940) 723-5573.
NEVER pour FAT, OIL or GREASE (F.O.G) down the drain. It can cost you:
HIGHER TAXES OR SERVICE FEES
F.O.G. clogs drain pipes under your home and under city streets. Mixing F.O.G. with soap and hot water DOES NOT keep it from hardening in drain pipes. IT WILL EVENTUALLY CLOG YOUR PIPES OR CITY PIPES, causing a backup and expensive repairs.
Follow these simple steps:
CAN IT • COOL IT • THROW IT AWAY
Grease from Cooked Meats
What to do:
1. Pour the F.O.G in a can
2. Cool it
3. Wipe remaining oil from pan, throw paper towel away
4. Keep the can in the refrigerator until full
5. Throw in the trash
CAN IT - COOL IT - THROW IT AWAY
F.O.G Clogged Drains Cause:
1. A Health Hazard -untreated sewage on the ground
2. Contamination of drinking water supplies
3. Destruction of property -backups in basements
4. Destruction of infrastructure -sewer lines have to be replaced before their useful life is used up.
5. Eventual regulatory violation and enforcement with possible fines leading to increased service fees
Your Help is Needed
Communities across the country are battling F.O.G. and the great financial burden it places on them. Here are some informative videos describing what you can do to help.