Setting Cases for Trial

When a person enters a not guilty plea, the case is set for a public, courtroom trial. The trial will be a jury trial unless the person gives up that right and agrees to have the judge decide the case. In order to convict any person of an offense, the State must prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. If a jury decides the case and finds a person guilty, the jury will also determine the fine. If the judge decides the case and finds the person guilty, the judge will decide the fine amount. Of course, there is no fine assessed if a person is found not guilty.

Trial dates may be set in person at the Municipal Court Building located at 611 Bluff or by mail to: Municipal Court, 611 Bluff, Wichita Falls, TX 76301. For questions please contact the Court at (940) 761-7880.

Back to Municipal Court Home Page