Obtain Public Records

How to Obtain Public Records/Information

Information can be obtained from the City of Wichita Falls three ways:
1. Email Eric Crosslin: Info@wichitafallstx.gov (Email is the fastest, easiest way to submit a request.)
2. Mail:Eric Crosslin, Public Information Officer, P.O. Box 1431, Wichita Falls, Texas 76307
3. In person: Office of Public Information, Room 109, Memorial Auditorium, 1300 7th Street, Wichita Falls Texas.

In your request please provide as much information as you can to assist with the records search: case number, location, date of the incident, birth dates, names of those involved...etc.


When an Open Records Request (ORR) is submitted it is logged by the Public Information Officer and then turned over to the City's Legal Department where the information will be researched and records gathered. Under Texas State law, Section 552 of the Texas Government code, the Legal Department has ten business days to respond to your request. Keep in mind that not all information can be released and in some cases may not exist. When there is a question as to whether certain information can be released the City will seek an opinion from the State Attorney General's Office. For more information please contact City of Wichita Falls Public Information Officer, Eric Crosslin, at 940-761-7401.

Click Here to download/read a summary of the Public Information Act